Saturday, September 10, 2016

Czech cases on my blog: or, in which I prove definitively that I am a nerd

As if my nerdiness were ever in question? Pretty sure that it is a long established fact. Sorry kids.

I'm really excited. I've been working for months years really, trying to figure out how to organize my life.

I've decided that what I really, truly desire is to make my genealogy work my career.

So that meant I had to rethink my blog situation. I mean, my other blog, Czech out your ancestors, well, it's been my baby! And it's basically time to admit that it is growing and evolving into something new. I am in the process of moving the less relevant posts to this more informal, personal blog. But I will continue to be myself (duh) on the other blog, just more focused on your research than mine. More focused on my goal to help you with that research. More focused on my career.

And it really is kind of separate; these goals. My personal genealogy goals are related, but not the same as my main goal.

My main dream, my driving purpose is to connect family. I do this because it is good and it brings me and others so much joy. Connecting family helps us understand ourselves, and who we can become.

More meta-blogging later...but always here, where it's not going to be clutter.

Anyway - as I was racking my brain as to how I was going to change the organization of my blog, I decided that it would be a hilarious inside joke with myself if I had my pages roughly correspond to the 7 Czech cases: nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, vocative, locative, and instrumental.

This is really mainly for my own benefit. See, there is no way I would have been able to type all 7 of those as quickly as I had if I hadn't been reviewing (and re-reviewing, and re-re-re-reviewing) them in my mind this afternoon as I started to embed links etc.

But it is really nerdy. I guess I take some kind of weird pleasure in being like this (proud of being different in a potentially socially awkward way.) I probably got that from my parents! hahaha

More future metablogging and brain dumping on the subject of genealogy (or whatever) to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment